Hope and Healing Counseling Center, LLC, in North Augusta, SC offers counseling services to meet whatever your needs may be. If you want individual counseling or couples counseling, this is the place for you.
I specialize in trauma counseling using Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, couples counseling, and Christian counseling.
Individual counseling, also called therapy or psychotherapy, focuses on your needs in a safe, caring, confidential, and nonjudgmental environment. You’ll work one-on-one with your counselor to explore your beliefs, feelings, behaviors, hopes, dreams, and challenges to gain a better understanding of why you do the things you do, set goals, and work toward making the changes in your life you need to become more emotionally healthy.
Issues addressed in individual counseling:
- Anger Management
- Anxiety and phobias
- Bipolar Disorder
- Coping and adjustment
- Dependent Personality Disorder
- Dissociative disorders
- Grief and loss
- Intellectual and learning disability
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personal illness and illness in the family
- Substance abuse
- Trauma, abuse, and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Trauma counseling with Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
– Changing from Victim to Survivor to Thriver
Trauma Counseling helps you overcome the negative effects of traumatic events such as domestic or family violence, dating violence, community violence (shooting, mugging, burglary, assault, bullying), sexual or physical abuse, natural disaster (hurricane, flood, fire, earthquake), a serious car accident, sudden unexpected or violent death of someone close (suicide, murder, accident), serious injury (burns, dog attack, car accident), major surgery or life-threatening illness (childhood cancer or loss of limb, hearing, or eyesight), and war or political violence (civil war, terrorism, refugee). Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a counseling approach that has been extensively researched and proven effective with treating trauma survivors. It helps reduce negative feelings, nightmares, and flashbacks from traumatic events.
Trauma counseling focuses on:
- Avoidance symptoms such as avoiding specific locations, sights, situations, and sounds that remind you of the event
- Re-experiencing symptoms such as intrusive thoughts, flashbacks, and nightmares
- Hyperarousal symptoms such as anger, irritability, hypervigilance (always making sure you’re safe), exaggerated startle response (being startled more easily than most people), aggression, reckless behaviors, self-harm, and sleep disturbances
- Negative mood and cognitive symptoms such as loss of interest in activities that you once considered enjoyable, difficulty remembering details of the disturbing event, and change in habits or behaviors since the abuse or other traumatic event
Couples counseling includes couples who are dating, premarital counseling, and marriage counseling. It helps each partner learn more about themselves and their partner, develop healthier ways to communicate, gain a better understanding of what healthy boundaries are and how to develop them, and identify individual strengths that can be utilized to improve the relationship.
Christian counseling, also known as biblical counseling, combines your faith with the principles of counseling to improve your mental health and relationships. When you’re in the middle of difficult life events like the death of a loved one or pet, the loss of a job, declining health, financial problems, and/or relationship issues, a strong faith can be your anchor and a great source of comfort. Christian counseling can help you identify areas in your life that are causing distress and help you move towards wholeness. Change may be needed in your emotions, thought patterns, behaviors, or relationships. Change is encouraged through the use of therapeutic techniques and Biblical Truth.
Dont Wait to get the help you need.